Growing into a successful Christian career woman who is grounded in her faith and driven by her values does not happen by accident. You must work at it. Believing in Jesus Christ is just the first step. If you want to be a successful Christian career woman who is effective and productive in your faith, you must adopt personal disciplines that will allow you to grow and will bring out the best in you.
Here are 3 personal disciplines of a successful Christian career woman:
- She prays about all things: Prayer is a powerful way for a Christian career woman to personally connect with God. The Bible tells us to pray about all things at all times on every occasion. We are also encouraged to be persistent in our prayers (Ephesians 6:18). A successful Christian career woman puts every aspect of her life in prayer. She prays that God strengthens her faith, blesses her personal life, and advances her in her career.
- She prays continually: A successful Christian career woman takes 1 Thessalonians 5:17 to heart. That verse reminds us to pray continually, or as the New King James Version puts it: pray without ceasing. In other words, never stop praying. To put it more clearly, pray all the time. Just in case you didn’t get that: pray … always … without stopping! 😀
2. Bible Study
- She studies the Bible purposefully: Successful Christian career women turn to the Bible because it is the best personal and professional development manual. To get the most out of it, Christian career women approach the Bible purposefully. If you want to study the Bible effectively, one method is to use a Bible reading plan. For example, working through the Bible in a year or reading one chapter of the book of Proverbs a day for a month. Another way is to study a particular topic like humility, gossip, or right thinking. The goal is to be intentional in your devotions so you can grow personally and spiritually.
- She reads the Word closely: A successful Christian career woman understands that scripture is not meant to be glossed over. It’s meant to be absorbed and applied so that she can be transformed. When you read scripture, read it closely. A few methods to consider: highlighting passages that speak to you, looking up words and concepts you don’t understand in a Bible concordance, or reading the same verses in different versions of the Bible to gain additional insight. The more closely you read the Bible, the more understanding you will gain.
3. Purposeful Action
- She accepts the challenge: A successful Christian career woman knows that when she reads the Word and engages in prayer, she will inevitably be challenged. The Word is like a mirror; it forces us to see ourselves and makes us aware of opportunities for growth in our characters and in our lives. For this reason, many successful Christian career woman record what they learn and write their reflections in a journal. This allows them to track their spiritual journey.
- She takes Inspired steps: When successful Christian career women dig deep into the Bible and wrestle with God in prayer, they are inevitably called into action. You will be called into action as well. Perhaps God will ask you to give something up or start something new. Whatever it is, it will likely be uncomfortable and possibly out of character for you. That is the point. When we dig deep into God’s Word and invite Him into our lives, He moves us and begins to shape us more and more into the likeness of His son, Jesus Christ.
Engaging in these three personal disciplines is essential to your success as a Christian career woman in today’s workplace. If you pray, study the Bible, and take purposeful action, you will become more effective as a Christian woman leader. Remember, when you step out in faith, God will build a path where you walk.
IF YOU ENJOYED THIS BLOG POST, SHARE IT! CLICK ONE OF THE SOCIAL MEDIA BUTTONS BELOW AND TAG THREE PEOPLE YOU WANT TO ENCOURAGE.
If you’re a Christian woman who wants to honor God, live with purpose, be known for excellence and integrity, and achieve work life balance then join the Christian Career Women private Facebook Group.
You will find inspiration, professional development resources and a sisterhood of ambitious Christian women just like you.